because I choose to be happy.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Money Woes

For the first time in my life, I am having financial difficulties.

I remember being in prayer meetings and there would be so many people around me praying for financial breakthrough. I always thought how blessed I was for not having to worry about money. Then, my family moved to Laguna and I had to live with my grandparents and make a contribution, which was all good because I understood their situation. I decided then to move to my a place nearer work and now I have to pay rent, which is much bigger than my contribution at my grandparents' place but I said I needed to do this so I can really start growing up.

It's scaring me, really. And while I was computing kanina, I wanted to cry because I'm not even going to have any little amount left to put in my savings. I used to have P2,000 to spend for food and everyday expenses for two weeks. Now, I will have P900 left for food and traveling expenses (coming home from Laguna and going to BF once a week -- that's 60 for the trip from Laguna and 60 for the travel to QC, which means 120 subtracted pa from 900, which will then be left for food.)

It's scary because I'm not used to this. I was thinking bawasan ko na lang kaya ang tithe ko, but I know I can't do that because that first 10% doesn't belong to me, wala pa nga akong offering sa lagay na yon. Nilubos ko na this December when I got my 13th month pay and gave some extra money for offering. I do believe in the Sow and Reap principle so I will stand in faith that this financial lack is only temporary.

One thing's for sure, starting today I will be praying for financial breakthrough.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michayla Angela said...

me too, i've always been praying for that. and at the rate i'm going, i'm not even paying for anything yet. i want to experience having my own place too, but i guess i have to learn how to handle money very well first before i start being on my own. i'm sure sooner or later, something good will come your way ;)

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home