because I choose to be happy.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Important Announcement

I have a new name.

Yes, folks. I finally decided. I am really, really tired having my name misprounounced. Heck, if Abram became Abraham and Jacob became Israel, then why can't I have a new name? Something that is actually easier to explain. The person who came up with Ro (for anyone who has mispronounced it in the past: it is Row, not Roh) is someone who used to be somewhat famous before because he's an athlete. This was when I was in high school and he had just joined the PBA and I sort of had a crush on him... He would always call me Row-mow-na, instead of Rah-mow-na, and since kinikilig ako dahil crush ko siya, I let him call me that. Eventually, it just became Ro and yun nga since I was then honored to have him give me a nickname, I made it my name and it stuck. People who knew me before senior year of high school still call me Ramona or Mona, which I actually like the sound of now, because my cousins are here and they call me Ate Mona (or Mons).

Anyway, from today on, I want everyone to start calling me Mons. My given name kasi is Ramona Cy. My mom likes Mons and Kris, my best friend, has finally come to terms with it so that will be my name from now on. Let's see how long before the name actually sticks...

Basta my decision is FINAL so don't tell me that you can't get used to calling me anything other than Ro kasi I'm tired of it na talaga. Okay, everyone? It's Mons, not Ro. Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michayla Angela said...

nako hirap nito. pero sige na nga ro, este MONS :P

1:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home