because I choose to be happy.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Welcoming 2006

I woke up today feeling terrible. My head was literally spinning every time I turned my head. Imagine how it felt when I actually had to sit up, stand up, or walk to the bathroom. I don't know what was wrong with me but I thought I was going to pass out. My lola, Mama Julie, gave me medicine but it didn't help much in making me feel better--at least not immediately. Finally, when my mom suggested that we go see a doctor, the diziness disappeared--at around 4pm, a good 8 hours after I first felt the dizziness. I'm still feeling a bit nauseated (and I never feel nauseated, not even when I'm sick) but the dizziness is gone. I hope it doesn't come back because I did nothing but sleep the whole day, couldn't read, couldn't watch TV, couldn't even turn my head without feeling like hurling.

It's a good thing though, that I got sick today instead of the earlier this week because I just got back from a trip to Batangas with my family (father's side). It was a lot of fun, although Batangas is definitely NO match to my beloved Boracay. We stayed at a place called Balai sa Laiya, two resorts away from where Kris stayed (Blue Coral). So, even during the break, Kris and I saw each other and we were both a bit disappointed because we missed Boracay. Walking on the sands of Batangas was not a pleasurable experience. Swimming was not much fun either. The water was freezing the first day but I just couldn't resist the ocean. You take four steps into the sea and the water was up to your neck. The strong waves weren't much help, either. I must have inhaled a glassful of salt water that first day.

But all that didn't matter because I had a great time being with my family. There were twelve of us--me, Mama Letty, Lola Lulay (who is Tito Tong's mom), Tito Tong, Tita Menchi, Anton, Maia, Manito, Tito Jun, Tita Arlene, Denise, and Leah (Anton's girlfriend). My beach-deprived cousins from Switzerland did not want to leave the place but we left as planned yesterday.

***

Can you believe by this time tomorrow, it'll be January 1, 2006?! How fast 2005 has gone but I am always happy about new years, because I always see them as new beginnings. I have already finished my faith goals for 2006 and I am just excited about how God will move in my life this coming year. 2005 has sure been a roller coaster ride but it's been a wonderful year. I do believe, however, that the best is yet to come and I know every day, I am one day closer to having all of God's promises fulfilled in my life. I just can't wait!

Let's give 2006 a hearty welcome!

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home