because I choose to be happy.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Sev is getting married next week.

And for the first time in my life, I agreed to be a bridesmaid. I usually don't like going to weddings -- not because I don't like weddings because I absolutely love them but I guess no one super close to me has gotten married before. Except Judy, and I do feel bad I wasn't able to go to her wedding but my cousins from Switzerland were leaving that same day and my lola was going to be left alone in the house and since my grandfather just died last December, we wanted to be around her as much as possible.

Anyway, finally, I'm going to be a bridesmaid. I'm a bit nervous about it. I'm wearing a mustard-colored dress (which cost a whopping P3,500!) and Kris, my best friend and co-bridesmaid, and I went to our final fitting yesterday at Katipunan. Kris and I liked the dress after a while because initially we were expecting a different color. The samples shown to us by Sev were predominantly brown (a color which we happen to like), then it turns out it was a gold number instead. But when we tried them on, they turned out to look good naman. Still not good enough for the price, but well, it's not like we can back out. The thing is Sev had brown stuff added to the dress because that's really part of her motiff. She talked about a shawl for me (to hide my "baby" fat, haha!) and a bolero for Kris. Nabaliktad nila! Mine wasn't made yet but it was a bolero for me and for Kris it was a weird shawl. Alam mo yung mga nakakabit sa dress na tela na iniikot sa neck, parang scarf. The funny thing is that I was in a really foul mood yesterday but when I saw the scowl on Kris's face, grabe, naging good mood ako! The mustard and the brown totally clashed and she had already bought her million dollar shoes too! To top it all off, we were super hungry and were made to wait for half an hour before they unearthed our dress. Kris had the brown thing removed and it's going to be made into a bolero. And mine is still (hopefully they don't get it wrong) going to be a bolero or a shawl (just not a scarf please!). Buti na lang, after that, both our moods improved because we were able to eat at this place called Bubble Gang Toppings. I ordered the pork tapa toppings while Kris ate the uber-yummy tuyo toppings. Hers was so good I intend to go back on Friday to eat my own tuyo toppings.

***
Pastor Julius invited me to the talents inC general meeting yesterday. I am now officially involved with talents inC (spelled that was because it means talents in Christ) and it's pretty exciting what they've planned for this year. I am already looking forward to again working with people from the entertainment industry more closely. They look like a fun bunch and it's really comforting to be with people who are happy and excited about life, it's uplifting.
***
I am starting to get over former OoA (Object of Affection), which is good news. I just realized how selfish I was not being happy for his gain, dwelling instead on my loss. But I do believe there is someone out there just for me and he's going to be worth the wait.
***
I went home to BF last night. I'm happy to be gaining another new sister in the person of my cousin Denise. She's my only cousin from the Manalo side who's here in Manila and I'm glad to be able to spend time with her (and Mama of course). I'm sure Papa is really happy about us cousins starting to become really close.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home