because I choose to be happy.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Me as a Domestic Goddess


It's finally happening. The funny thing is that when it's not forced upon me by anyone, it comes out naturally--the domestic goddess in me.

There have been traces of it that comes out every so often when I get the sudden urge to clean my room. Like I've said in the past I'm an OC-wannabe. I want to be like the people who make lists everyday and put a neat little check on every item after it's been accomplished, I want to not be able to sleep when something is out of place, I want to experience bliss with everything around me clean. Now, I feel it's really happening. One day last week, I went home at 1am (came from work), I went into my bathroom and I just saw some soap marks on my bathroom walls and at 2am (because I spent an hour doing my prayer list [oh I do love lists!]), I started scrubbing--the walls, the floor, under the sink, the toilet bowl--until everything was as clean as I wanted them to be. This is a big thing because I've never done it my whole life. Oh, what satisfaction that gave me!

So today, I bought myself a mop, a window cleaner, dishwashing liquid, insect killer and I realize that yes, I am turning into a domestic princess (a few notches below being a domestic goddess). I'm not yet a Bree Van De Kamp, but I sure would like to have some of her OC qualities.

I'm excited to go home to my tiny bedroom, with my mop and bags of grocery in tow, and start scrubbing, mopping and wiping like crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home